There is no rulebook saying that life is fair, or you are owed an easy ride
You are not the focus of all the world’s attention: if “everything” was truly against YOU, then life for the rest of us would be a breeze as you take the heat. You’re in it with the rest of us, albeit with your own set of challenges. So take some comfort in the fact that, while you’re unique, your not so special that the cosmos is out to get you.
Gratitude is helpful if it helps you take stock and keep real about what assets you have at your disposal. Gratitude is not helpful when used as a pacifier to excuse the bad just because you also have some good. Happiness is not calculated on a balance sheet.
Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.”
– Henry Ford –
If you want to be something or to start something, do it from today.
1. Have a clean setup for workspace – less items is better
2. Create a massive amount of time for yourself
– If there’s anything you want to do that will hinder your concentration, spare a day off and do it.
– Automate anything you can do, such as regular bill payment
– Shop online instead of doing regular shopping
– Don’t do any ‘recreation’ activities you won’t enjoy eg: going to the beach
– Spare enough time for sleep and exercise to be on peak condition
3. Ruthlessly prioritize what you are doing – focus on the most important thing and don’t get sidetracked on little tasks. Spend the time on what matters.
4. Raise your standard and put yourself on uncomfortable area
– Have more expectation of yourself, preferably above your station
– Weekend doesn’t have to be the time to laze around, evening doesn’t mean you have to do relaxing activities
5. Actually do the work – put the time to do the work: xxx minutes/hours per day start from xx PM
Hedonic treadmill: no matter what materialistic material you add to your life (bigger house, nicer car, nicer clothes) it doesnt make you happier because as you earn more expectation increased.
- Work to minimalize or eliminate things you dont like. For example if you hate being in a traffic, leave earlier.
- Exercise. Move. Do activities you prefer (biking/hiking/rock climbing etc)
- spare time to explore / play/ do something you want
- take vacation -> give yourself mental reset. Doenst have to be big, just to get you out of your normal routine
- dont chase vanity metrics (numbers) on social media. Focus on face to face interaction.
1 TAKE OWNERSHIP – Take responsibility for your life – blame noone but yourself.
2 ACCEPT FAILURE – Making mistakes is a key part of success.
3 WHAT YOU DO AT 8PM MATTERS – Time to plan your future – make sure what you do (till midnight) aligns with the goals that you have.
4 SUCCESS IS A LONELY ROAD, WHILE FAILURE IS A CROWDED HIGHWAY – Some of your greatest accomplishments will be done alone.
5 THE LAST 10% IS THE HARDEST. FINISH IT. – It’s the last 10% that brings a project home, that gets you the impact.
6 KNOW WHY YOU WANT IT. – You need to understand for yourself why you need to do something – that is going to help you do your best work.
7 CONTINUOUS LEARN. – Investing in your own learning is one of the best investments that you can make.