Hedonic treadmill: no matter what materialistic material you add to your life (bigger house, nicer car, nicer clothes) it doesnt make you happier because as you earn more expectation increased.
- Work to minimalize or eliminate things you dont like. For example if you hate being in a traffic, leave earlier.
- Exercise. Move. Do activities you prefer (biking/hiking/rock climbing etc)
- spare time to explore / play/ do something you want
- take vacation -> give yourself mental reset. Doenst have to be big, just to get you out of your normal routine
- dont chase vanity metrics (numbers) on social media. Focus on face to face interaction.