Canvas strategy: help yourself by helping others
- dont after short term goal (getting credit, earn respect), focus on the long goal
- say little, do much
- dispose entitlement & feeling of superiority
- Example: introduce people who need each other, come up with idea and hand it over personally, do what no one else want to do
- Our own path, whatever we aspire to, will in some ways be defined by the amount of nonsense we’re willing to deal with
- no need to react to each insult/undermine comments/critics
- it doesnt matter if the person who say it is incompetent, or if you know better
- It doesnt degrade you when others treat you poorly, it degrades them
Get out of your own head
- Our thought can convince us that we’re special and deserve to have more so we prefer to stay in it than participating in the actual world. Stop listening to these
- Being self conscious in fear of who others might judge you based on your appearance/action is pointless. Everyone is too busy looking after themselves to care much about others.
- Don’t live in the haze of the abstract, live with the tangible and real, even if—especially if—it’s uncomfortable. Be part of what’s going on around you. Feast on it, adjust for it.
- There’s no one to perform for. There is just work to be done and lessons to be learned, in all that is around us.